Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

A lot going on...

Avi Grace seeing her first snow! 
Avi Grace, Jack & Emily at an MSU basketball game 
Posted by Picasa

Avi Grace enjoying her swing 
Posted by Picasa

And she sleeps... 
Posted by Picasa

Love this picture of Avi Grace & Grandaddy! 
Posted by Picasa

Avi Grace playing with her great grandparents
& Great Aunt Susan on the back porch! 
Posted by Picasa

Sorry I have been a slacker blogger as of late. We have had a lot going on in our household! The last time I posted, I was sick. I ended up missing an entire week of work. I don't remember the last time I did that. Then Drew got sick...I guess it wasn't going to go away until we all had it! Then advising started at my work, and I have been swamped with paperwork and lots of appointments with students. I still have lots waiting on me right now on my desk! On Tuesday of this week, Avi Grace started a little stomach bug. She threw up 4 times on Tuesday, but then she was fine after that--slept all night and was fine on Wednesday. Then yesterday, she had a few not so fun diapers while she was with the babysitter and she threw up again yesterday evening. However, after that she slept fine all night. This morning she has thrown up again, so I am not really sure what is going on! Between her episodes she plays and seems to be fine. It is really strange. However, there has been a major stomach bug going around Starkville, and I guess it is going to just have to run its course. It is lasting a little longer than I would like for it to, though!

Anyway, I have had many pictures I needed to post, so i just posted them all today! Back at the beginning of March, we got a light dusting of snow one night. I was able to get a picture of Avi Grace in the snow before it all melted very quickly when the sun came out!! We also went to the MSU vs. LSU basketball game before spring break, and we managed to get a picture of the kids together--Avi Grace, Jack & Emily. We got Avi Grace a swing (actually a friend of ours--Kathy Parker--let us borrow the swing; thanks Kathy!). She LOVES it! She will sit and swing for 20-30 minutes and just look around and kick her feet and smile. She loves to be outside, and this just gives her a way to see everything!

Finally, great Grandmother and Granddaddy Elliott and Aunt Susan McAllister came to visit us last Saturday. We had lots of fun playing on the porch swing and being outside. We have 3 purple martin bird houses out in our yard, and we have about 12-16purple martins who live there. They are wonderful birds. Their singing is beautiful, AND they eat mosquitos!! Very nice! So, Avi Grace LOVES to look at the birds. When we walk over to the houses, the birds all fly out and swarm above us and she just looks at them and follows them as they fly around. It is fun to watch! She and Grandaddy walked out to see the birds together.

Well, hopefully this stomach bug will go away very soon. I just hope Drew and I don't get it! Y'all have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

LWolfe said...

i'm in love with your child...what a sweet face. miss you!

Sue said...

You are making me jealous! I just ordered Carter that same swing, but it has been too cold to swing here! So ready for the 60 degree days we are promised this week! Hope your sweet one gets to feeling better!

The Benjamins said...

Avi Grace looks so happy in her swing! We have the same one and IK likes it too!

Unknown said...

i really want to hug her. she is so precious!!!


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)