Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

School is Fun!

Well, this picture does not do justice to the way I found Avi when I picked her up at school on Monday! I was really worried about her transition back to school on Monday after being out for 2 weeks. On Monday morning when I dropped her off, she went right to her teacher and seemed happy to be there. When I picked her up Monday afternoon I died out laughing when I saw her! They were on their way in from the playground when I got there...she was chasing Channing, a little boy from her class. She didn't even notice me standing there for several minutes! Her teacher said that she and Channing had even been holding hands on the playground! She was having a blast. She actually ran away from me when she noticed I was there. She didn't want to go home with me! She wanted to stay and play. Her hair was ringing wet, and her cheeks were bright red from playing so hard! The funniest part of it all is that she had gotten something on her clothes during the day and had to change into her extra clothes...and, well, the ones she had to change into were still her winter extra clothes! I guess I had never updated them since the summer began, and she hadn't needed them until now! So, she was also wearing clothes that were:  a.) too small and b.) not season appropriate...the pants were above her ankles and the shirt was now a 3/4 length sleeve instead of long sleeves! And, really I had to bribe her into getting into the car with me. I had a pretty good laugh from it all, and I think she needed a break from me as much as I needed a break from her :). I didn't take the picture until we got home, so as I said, it really doesn't do the situation justice, but I thought I would at least try to share my laugh. (I know she looks unhappy in the picture, but she wasn't; she just wouldn't smile for me!) Oh, and a side note: she hasn't needed extra clothes all summer, but Monday she had on her extra clothes when I got there, Tuesday she had on her shirt and someone else's shorts, and yesterday she had on an entirely different outfit (an extra from the daycare) when I got there! Crazy.

1 comment:

Abbi said...

Sounds like Avi needs a suitcase of extra clothes at school :)

That picture totally cracks me up. I am not sure how I feel about this holding hands on the playground thing though...Avi and I might need to have a little talk :)

Give her hugs and kisses from Uncle Joel and Aunt Abbi for me.


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)