Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

AVI-isms

Avi with her Daddy's shoes and socks on yesterday morning!

So, Avi has really got this awesome vocabulary going on these days. Every day I love to hear the new things she comes up with. So, I thought I would share some of my favorites with you as of late! Oh, and she is totally saying sentences these days. And yesterday she sang the entire ABC song by herself without stopping!! It was exciting! Finally, her SOUTHERN DRAWL has really started coming out! It makes me laugh pretty hard!

1. NOT CRY, BIG GIRL. She started this at the beach. One night when I was putting her to bed, I told her she needed to be a big girl and not cry. So, from then on, almost every time we put her to bed, she says, "Not Cry, Big Girl!"
2. ROCK SING. This is what Avi says anytime things go south or she wants me to comfort her. We also rock sing before bed each night. One afternoon back in the spring sometime she woke up from a nap early, but she was still very tired, so I sat in the rocking chair with her and told her I was going to rock her and sing to her so she could rest. Since that day, she loves to ROCK SING!
3. ABCs & JESUS. Avi's two favorite songs. When we rock sing, I always ask her what she wants me to sing, and usually her first answer is ABCs. Then either during the middle of ABCs or right after, she says Jesus...meaning Jesus Loves Me. Jesus loves the Little Children and He's Got the Whole World in His Hands are the "other Jesus" songs!
4. AVI DO IT...MOMMY DO IT. This is what we hear constantly. When Drew tries to do something for her, she usually says, "Mommy do it." And, of course, she wants to do lots for herself these days as well!
5. SILLY...GIRL, MOMMY, DADDY, AVI, SUN, YOU NAME IT. Everything is silly these days! The sun is silly in the morning when we are driving to school because it gets in her eyes! Mommy and Daddy are silly when we do something she thinks is funny. L.O.V.E. H.E.R.!!
6. HOW 'BOUT THAT? This is probably her favorite phrase these days. She just says it out of the blue or when we do something that she likes! Too funny.
7. MR. BROWN CAN MOO. CAN YOU? Oh how she loves Dr. Seuss! She loves this book so much she has practically memorized it. She says the next animal sounds before I even turn the page. I love reading this book with her! It makes my soul happy!
8. NAAWW. This word is Avi's substitute for no! In the past week every time we ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do, she says, "NAAWW!" Like, are you kidding me?
9. I-UTE-SIIIDE. Have you figured this one out yet? OUTSIDE! When we were at the beach, she started saying outside with such a southern drawl that I couldn't help but laugh at her.
10. ABI.GRACE.AMNTONY. Didn't you know this was her name?? She was in the bathtub Tuesday night, and for some reason I was talking to her about her full name. Now when you ask her what her full name is, she says, "ABI GRACE AMNTONY." LOVE IT.

2 comments:

The Benjamins said...

Love it! I love listening to them talk. We laugh a lot at the things IK says!

Unknown said...

Kelli
It has been forever since I have posted or even gotten to look at your blog. Our other computer crashed (the one I had Avi Grace's blog bookmarked), but Amy sent me a link to her boys blog so I was able to "reconnect" with Avi Grace.
You have one beautiful girl. Matt says she looks more like you than Mason looks like me and he did not think that was possible. She is just beautiful. I know you both enjoy her so much...I loved all the pics.
Well, I just wanted to say hello and let you know I still think about you guys!
Tell Drew we said hello.
Take care,
Corie


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)