Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone. Sorry it has been a little while since I have posted. We have had a busy holiday season. We got to visit with so many family members and spend lots of time playing with Avi Grace. We have also been busy with Drew opening his own medical practice, Starkville Family Practice! His first day was last Wednesday, and needless to say, it has kept us, mostly Drew, very busy! However, we are very excited about this opportunity. So far it has gone well!

I also went back to work today, which was hard. Avi Grace had a good day today with my mom keeping her, so that made it a little easier. I was very busy at work, making the day go by fairly quickly. It was so nice to see Avi Grace when I got home this afternoon! Her smile always makes everything better! It will take us a while to get into a routine, but hopefully we will fall into it pretty quickly!

Enjoy all of the pictures. The ones at the top were taken by my good friend Laura Walton...she's very talented! The one of Avi Grace and I with our friends Caroline and Kathleen is a picture I have been meaning to post for a while now. Obviously it was taken around Halloween (Avi Grace and Caroline have the same outfit on!). It is such a small world...Kathleen and I met when Austin was at Children's Hospital in Birmingham. Kathleen's son Zach was also in the hospital. He was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a terminal genetic disease, when he was about 7 or 8 weeks old. Kathleen and her husband Andy also live in Starkville. Kathleen and I met each other in the lactation room at Children's. Who would have thought that we would have to be going through the toughest times in our lives and in a hospital over 2 hours away from where we both live for us to meet. It was definitely the hand of God. Kathleen and Andy had a little girl, Caroline this past summer. Avi Grace and I have enjoyed reconnecting with Kathleen and Caroline through a mommy group that Kathleen started!

Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY 2008!

I love the picture of Avi Grace sucking her thumb. She is so precious. I can't wait to meet her!

Hope to see you sometime soon, too!

Sue said...

great pictures! So glad y'all had a Merry Christmas! Congrats on Drew's new practice! I know that has been a long time coming! My 2 cents are that a routine is key to the whole working mom thing...I hope y'all continue to do well!

The Benjamins said...

Love the new pics of Little Miss Avi Grace! She is getting so big! Sounds like y'all have been busy! Happy 2008!


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)