Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

 I think about Austin every day. Some days he is on my mind more than others. Today is one of those days that I am thinking about him lots and running all of the wonderful memories through my head. I went Christmas shopping in Jackson back in December, and I heard a song, "Bring The Rain," by MercyMe. I'm not sure how long the song has been out, but that was the first time I had heard the song. It brought tears to my eyes, and when I got home, I searched until I found the song. The lyrics are beautiful, and they really spoke to me. The song reminds me of how I felt when Austin was sick. It also reminded me that God wants us to praise him in everything that goes on in our lives. So, below I have posted the lyrics to the song. The song also plays on the tunes that I have playing on this page if you would like to listen to it. Remember to thank God and praise Him for everything that you go through.

"Bring The Rain" by MercyMe

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sue said...

Kelli, I can't pretend to understand, but I love that you share what you are feeling. What a beautiful song!

LT (and Max) said...

that is a beautiful song. what powerful words!
you are such an amazing person!
LTomlinson

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing!


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)