Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Sweet Request

On this past Saturday  morning, Avi's birthday, when she woke up, I put her in the bed with me for a few minutes because I wasn't ready to get up yet to cuddle. Once she decided it was time for us to get up for good, I had a sweet (and funny) conversation with her. It went something like this:

K: Who's birthday is it today?
A: Abi's birday!
K: That's right, it's Avi's birthday today.
K: What do you want mommy to fix you special for breakfast today since it is your birthday?
A: Pause
A: Huge grin
A: Eyes cut over at me
A: CUPCAKES???
K: CUPCAKES??? (much laughter from me) 
A: Mmmhmm
K: Well, that's a good idea, but I think we better wait to have cupcakes this afternoon at your birthday party.
A: Disappointment
A: Okay, pancakes bananas?
K: Sure, that sounds much better!

So, all I could do was laugh when she asked for the cupcakes. It melted my heart. It was so sweet and she thought it was the best idea she had thought of in a while! Very sweet.

No comments:


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)