Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

You're a good mom

This morning I gave Avi a bath, and I washed her hair. Drew usually dries her hair after her baths, but he was running, so I started drying her hair. Right after I started drying it, she looked at me and said, "You're a good mom." Can you say MELT my HEART?! I said, "Thank you sweetheart," and I gave her a kiss. SOOOO sweet. And, yes, she's been calling me mom or moms lately, unless she's whining, and then it's usually mommy. I'm not making a big deal about it, but it is strange to hear her calling me mom like she's a teenager! And for the record, I find it sad that on a Saturday morning we were up by 6:30, and she and I both had bathed before 8 for no good reason! I've been fighting getting up early on Saturday mornings for a long time, but I think I should just start owning it, especially since there is another one on the way! And, I promise the next time I post there will be some pictures involved!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! Can I just say that we must be at the same stage? Carter has started calling us Mom and Dad, too...it is funny and sad all at the same time. How is he old enough to call me mom? I loved Mommy! He has always been an early riser...just before Callen was born, he started "sleeping in" until 7:00, but now we are back to the early mornings. This morning it was before 6. By 9:30, I'd cooked breakfast, showered, dressed and done a load of laundry--and Callen had had her first nap! LOL

The Benjamins said...

So sweet!


Avi Grace's first haircut (before & after!)